SPECTACULAR CLEAR SMOKY MOUNTAIN VIEWS
LEVEL PARKING AREA
NO ANIMALS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED - NO EXCEPTIONS
We all love our animals, however, "A Southern Porch" is a NO ANIMALS cabin. We do not allow animals of any kind and for any reason inside or outside the cabin. Sorry there are no exceptions to this policy. We want to protect our family and guests with SEVERE animal allergies. Please Note: Guests will be asked to vacate the property immediately (with no refund) if animals are present inside or outside the cabin.
Read our great guest reviews!!
We have an excellent cleaning staff.
Self check-in and check-out, not at an office. Our cabin has a smart lock.
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/asouthernporchgatlinburgcabin
Check out our Instagram - instagram.com/asouthernporchcabin
If you have any questions about our cabin please contact me at 423-676-5140.
This cabin is privately-owned and managed by my husband and I. The cabin is inspected before and after each guest. We want our cabin to be a wonderful experience for all.
Thank you for your interest in our sweet cozy cabin. Before booking we ask that you read the entire property description, house rules, and rental agreement. The property damage insurance you purchase on this platform covers damage to our cabin, however it Does Not Cover cancellations. WE STRONGLY ADVISE ALL GUESTS PURCHASE THEIR OWN PRIVATE TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR ALL UNEXPECTED LIFE AND WORLD EVENTS. PLEASE BE SURE TO READ WHAT EACH POLICY COVERS. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON OUTSIDE OUR CANCELLATION WINDOW AS INDICATED IN THE RENTAL AGREEMENT. WE DO NOT OFFER DATE CHANGES.
“A Southern Porch” cabin located in one of Gatlinburg's finest cabins resort communities, Black Bear Falls Resort! A gorgeous setting of 43 acres of towering native trees, beautiful ridges, and natural springs and streams. Enjoy a fantastic view of the Great Smoky Mountains from the porch and inside from the two-story wall of windows! About 2 miles from downtown Gatlinburg and 15 minutes to Pigeon Forge, “A Southern Porch” is one of the most centrally located cabins you will find. And did I mention just a few miles from Dollywood!
This cabin is in a cabin resort community so cabins will be visable and near "A Southern Porch".
Our privately owned and personally managed 1,100 square ft 2 bedroom, 2 full baths is a nonsmoking, no vaping and no pets cabin. This cozy cabin will accommodates up to 4 people. Please Note: Guests will be asked to vacate the property (with no refund) if the total number of guests exceeds the maximum amount of 4 persons.
When entering the cabin, you will see the soaring wood ceiling, hickory wood floors, and beautiful decor throughout. However, the star of the show will be the incredible Smoky Mountain views inside and outside “A Southern Porch”.
The main floor bedroom offers a king size bed, flat screen TV, ceiling fan, USB charging ports, and adjoining full bath with shower/tub combo.
The Living room offers two comfortable leather sofas, one is a queen sleeper sofa. A 55-inch flat screen TV, DVD, USB charging ports and WiFi throughout. In season (October - March 15th) gas fireplace.
A fully stocked kitchen with new stainless steel appliances. Keurig coffee maker, regular coffee maker, slow cooker, blender, mixer, electric can opener, and other amenities.
The upstairs master bedroom suite has a king size bed, flat screen TV, ceiling fan, USB charging ports, and adjoining full bath with shower/tub combo.
“A Southern Porch” cabin is in Black Bear Falls Resort so guests will have the opportunity to take advantage of the adult and children’s swimming pools. The pools operate seasonally from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Access to “A Southern Porch” could not be easier. Flat level driveway, with two steps from the driveway to the front porch. A personal guest 4-digit access code for the front door lock. No worry about keeping up with door keys. On check in day just drive straight to the cabin, enter your private code and you are in!
Come stay and relax at “A Southern Porch" and watch the sun set while rocking your cares away!
Please note: this cabin has exterior security cameras posted in the parking area and the main outside entrance.
Fully Stocked Kitchen has slow cooker, blender, toaster, mixer, electric can opener and numerous size pots and pans, dishes, glasses, wine glasses, silverware, Keurig and regular coffee pot.
Linens include – beds (sheets, pillows, blankets, comforters), bath towels, and wash clothes. Kitchen towels and dish cloth.
Starters – 2 starter rolls of toilet paper (each bath), 2 starter rolls of paper towels, 2 mini dish detergents, 2 laundry pods, and 2 dishwasher pods, 2 kitchen trash bags, and travel size soaps.
Charcoal Grill (charcoal not provided)
Seasonal gas fireplace (October - March 15th).
SUGGESTIONS ON THINGS YOU MAY WANT TO BRING IF YOUR STAY IS LONGER THAN 2 NIGHTS:
Beach towels for hot tub and pool.
Extra household items like toilet paper, paper towels, dishwasher pods, laundry pods (laundry service not included), and tall kitchen garbage bags. Soaps for each bath. A starter set of each is provided to get you going for the first few days.
Any personal items you prefer like your own masks, hand santizer and clorex wipes as we can not guarantee these items will be in our local pharmacy/grocery stores.
Travelers who cancel at least 60 days before check-in will get back 100% of the amount they've paid. If they cancel between 60 and 30 days before check-in, they'll get back 50% amount paid. After 30 days there will be NO refund. We highly recommend guests consider travel insurance for all life and world events.
Per the rental agreement we are unable to give refunds due to inclement weather. We recommend guests consider travel insurance.
A four wheel drive vehicle is recommended for winter months.
SAFE SOCIAL DISTANCING PRACTICE
Our cabin is cleaned and vacant anywhere from 6 hours to 24 hours between guests. Please review the safety guidelines for you and your family displayed in the cabin. While visiting in Gatlinburg and the surrounding area please do your part and keep us all safe. Please bring your own personal mask and hand sanitizer as we can not guarantee these items will be in the local stores.
Minimum age to book this cabin must be at least 25 years old and over.
No animals of any kind and for any reason, no smoking/vaping, and no parties.
This cabin accomodates up to 4 people MAX occupancy.
No outdoor food grills are permitted inside the cabin or on the cabin's outside porch/deck. A park like grill is provided in the parking area.
Do not allow guests from other rental cabins to park in our two designated parking areas. This is a Resort HOA rule and their vehicles will be towed from our parking space.
Please note: there are security cameras overlooking our parking area and main door.
All Guests are responsible for reading the Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. By booking this property "A Southern Porch" you acknowledge and accept the conditions, rules, policies, and regulations detailed in the Rental Agreement below:
Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions for A Southern Porch Cabin
This cabin is in Black Bear Falls Resort, Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. EST AND CHECK OUT IS before 10 A.M. EST. Be aware that if you arrive early, you may have to wait to check in if the property is not ready. Adequate time is required to prepare the cabin for the next guests’ arrival; therefore, we must insist on a 10AM check-out. A minimum fee of $100.00 may be charged for late departure (after 10 am). There are no refunds for early departures.
2. THIS IS A NON-SMOKING, NON-VAPING CABIN. There is no odor of smoke in this cabin, so please do not smoke inside the cabin. If the interior of the cabin has the smell of smoke after your visit, you will be charged $250.00 for the usage of an Ozonator to rid the cabin of the smoke odor, so please utilize the porches and outside areas in consideration of our non-smoking guests. Please do not discard smoking material on the grounds.
3. ABSOLUTELY NO ANIMALS OF ANY KIND FOR ANY REASON ARE ALLOWED IN THE CABIN. There will be no exceptions. Violation of this policy will result in the guest vacating the property immediately with no refund. Any evidence of animals will incur extra cleaning fees. Discovery of animal damage after departure will require the guest to pay for any repairs.
4. YOU MUST BE OVER 25 YEARS OLD TO RENT A SOUTHERN PORCH CABIN. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent. No minors are to be left in the cabin unsupervised.
5. PAYMENT – 50% deposit is due at time of booking. The balance is due 30 days before arrival. Full payment (lodging payment, and taxes) must be received at least thirty (30) days prior to your arrival date. Reservations made less than thirty (30) days prior to check-in, will require full payment charged to your credit card. Credit card payment is the only acceptable payment method. Policies and rates are set at the time of booking. You will be charged for the cabin based on the information in your rental agreement and this Terms and Conditions document.
6. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen and towel setup to meet the cabin’s maximum capacity, including bath soap, dish soap, laundry soap, paper towels and toilet paper. While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring your own towels for use in the hot tub and pool. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabin. Guests are expected to launder towels, etc. as needed during their stay. It is not necessary to wash towels or bed linen prior to departure. All trash is removed at the end of each reservation. Please do not allow outside containers to overflow due to bear and animal problems. Daily trash removal is not provided, however, guests staying 7 or more nights will be provided one interim trash removal with a 24-hour advance request. A Southern Porch provides FREE High-Speed Internet and FREE Wireless Internet. Items that are NOT SUPPLIED typically include charcoal, cribs, plastic wrap, foil, condiments, spices or any type of food item. The cabin does not have a landline telephone, guests should plan on using personal cell phones. A Southern Porch is in a cabin community with property amenities including a clubhouse, swimming pool and fishing ponds.
7. SECURITY, DAMAGE AND EXTRA CLEANING - You are responsible for any and all damages that occur to the property or its contents by you or any other member of your group while you are the registered occupant of the property. To avoid charges for security, damage or extra cleaning, the following must occur a. No damage is done to cabin, or its contents and cabin is left in neat condition. b. No items / linens are missing or damaged upon the inventory check. c. Garbage is placed in outside trash containers. If during your stay you reach the capacity of garbage in the trash cans please call 423-676-5140 (Kim) or 423-963-0931 (Mike) and we will have the garbage picked up. d. Dishes are washed and returned to cabinets and cupboards. e. There was no smoking or evidence of smoking inside the cabin. f. NO Early check-in or late check out. A detail of all extra charges will be mailed to the guest. Any disputed charges are to be submitted in writing. Security cameras are posted on the exterior of this cabin.
8. CANCELLATIONS – Reservations which are canceled at least 60 days before check-in will get back 100% of the amount paid. Reservations which are canceled 30 days before check-in, will receive 50% of the amount paid. After 30 days no refunds will be issued. No refunds will be given for ANY reason including viruses, epidemics, pandemics, no shows, inclement weather, late arrival, or early departures. Storm Policy / Road Conditions – No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Roads are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four-wheel drive and/or chains during the winter/snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions. We strongly recommend guests purchase their own personal Travel Insurance if they are concerned about the risk of having to cancel their reservation due to family emergency, health, weather, or other conditions. We highly recommend guests purchase their own personal travel insurance for all life and world events.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- This cabin was designed for the quiet enjoyment of our guests and NOT to be used for parties, large gatherings, or receptions beyond the sleeping capacity. The maximum number of guests this cabin will accommodate is limited to 4 people MAX. If it has been determined more than the approved number of guests is staying at the cabin, you will be asked to vacate immediately, and no refund or security deposit will be returned. No campers or camping on the grounds of the rental cabin community will be allowed.
10. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY DURING REGULAR SEASON; AND FOUR (4) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY DURING HOLIDAY SEASON. Holiday season includes Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s.
11. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
12. PARKING – Parking is limited to two (2) standard automobiles. Vehicles are to be parked in the paved parking area in front of the cabin. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. NOTICE TO GUESTS BRINGING TRAILERS OR CAMPERS: Due to the hilly topography and limited parking in the Gatlinburg area, it can be difficult to find parking for trailers or large vehicles. Campers are not allowed unless they are parked at an RV lot, not in the cabin community.
13. MAINTENANCE – As property owners we do everything possible to keep all equipment in good working order. However, it is impossible to guarantee that all appliances hot tubs, hot water heaters, fireplaces, etc. will be in working order 100% of the time. We do guarantee to make every effort to correct all deficiencies as soon as possible during normal business hours. Report all maintenance problems to us at 423-676-5140 (Kim) or 423-963-0931 (Mike). If it is after hours, please be certain to leave your phone number and the nature of the problem. You should take reasonable action to secure the problem. Management reserves the right to perform exterior and/or interior maintenance during your stay if necessary. In the event maintenance must be performed, we will do our best to do so without inconvenience to you. A Southern Porch is sprayed regularly by a professional pest control company; however, there are times when ladybugs, wasps, other insects sometimes visit our log cabin. In the event of a major infestation, simply call us at 423-676-5140 (Kim) or 423-963-0931 (Mike).
14. HOT TUB – It is important to note that there are certain health risks that are associated with the use of a hot tub. Use at your own risk. Proper use of hot tub at A Southern Porch is at the discretion and sole responsibility of the signer of the rental agreement; herein known as the “Guest”. No children under the age of 12 are permitted in hot tubs at any time. Our housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill, and replenish chemicals in all hot tubs prior to your arrival. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. NEVER SIT OR STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVER, it will not support a person’s weight. A minimum $1000.00 charge will result from breaking the hot tub cover. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on and secured with the cable provided so hot tub will stay warm. If at any time the water level in the hot tub is found to be below the skimmer level, it is IMPORTANT to refill the hot tub to approximately 3 inches above the skimmer level.
15. FIREPLACE – The fireplace is not operational from April through September due to conflict with air conditioning system. A Southern Porch is equipped with gas logs. No foreign materials are to be burned in gas fireplaces. For your safety, never move the logs in a gas fireplace. Doing so can cause carbon monoxide and heavy black soot.
16. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
17. HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT - Our cabin is privately owned; and we are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The cabin owner is not responsible for the loss of personal property left behind, stolen, or damaged during your stay. Please check your belongings carefully before leaving. Never leave valuables (cash wallets, jewelry, cameras, etc.) unattended. If you find you have left something behind, call us and we will try to locate the missing item(s). If the item(s) is located, it will be returned to you COD. Items unclaimed more than 14 days will be disposed of or given to charity. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
18. CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION - Upon registering on-line, the registered occupant understands and consents to the use of the credit card provided without original signature on the charge slip and that this Credit Card Authorization cannot be revoked and will not terminate until 30 days after leased premise is vacated. The registered occupant understands by “clicking” that they have read the terms and conditions of this property, they are bound by this agreement and have signed it “electronically”. Charges may include but not be limited to damages beyond normal wear and tear and excessive cleaning.
|See calendar for nightly rates.||
50% deposit is due at time of booking. The balance is due 30 days before arrival. Full payment (lodging payment, cleaning fee, and taxes.) must be received at least thirty (30) days prior to your arrival date. Reservations made less than thirty (30) days prior to check-in, will require full payment charged to your credit card.
|Barbecue - Grills|
|Heating and Cooling Comfort|
|Disability Access Features|
|Kitchen and Dining|
|Sports and Adventure|
This was a “sisters trip” for myself and my two sisters. We were so happy when we got there to find such a lovely and clean cabin. We loved taking in the view from the swing and rockers on the porch. It was so relaxing! Due to unforeseen traffic circumstances we got there in the dark and it was pretty scary trying to find the cabin, but if three grandmas could do it anyone can. The cabin was very comfortable and well equipped for our stay. The owners thought of everything. Speaking of owners, Kimberly was so kind and helpful. She was really great about communicating us. This was my first time renting directly from the owner and it was so much better than using a company. Thank you Kimberly and Mike!
Mary Jo B.
We loved the cabin, which was very well furnished. We particularly enjoyed the porch swing with a great view of the mountains.
Published Sep 8, 2021
Super nice cabin in Gatlinburg
This cabin could not have been nicer - everything was beautiful and super clean. The place was really well-kept. My experience with vacation rentals is that they often get the leftovers and hand-me-downs from someone’s main home, but that was NOT the case here. The furnishings were all really nice, comfy beds, big modern TV, kitchen stuff all in great shape, etc. The location is also perfect - away from the busy-ness of the parkway/strip area but only a 5 minute drive when you are ready to head down that way. Kimberly was also a pleasure to deal with. Thanks so much for the great time!
Published Aug 30, 2021
Everything was really nice. Great communication with owner.
Published Aug 19, 2021
Very nice cabin for 2 couples
This cabin was great for 2 couples...2 nice bedrooms each with their own private bath. Kitchen was well equipped. Loved the view from the porch. Great location close to lots of activities. Easy access driveway.
Published Aug 15, 2021
The cabin was perfect for our family trip. The location was outside of the busy downtown area but close enough for everything we wanted to do. It was clean and decorated so perfectly. The owner was very responsive by text and was so helpful. We really loved this stay and would highly recommend it!!
Published Aug 5, 2021
The cabin was beautiful and the scenery! We couldn’t ask for a better place to stay at! It was clean and perfect for us! Enjoy every minute of the stay and the hot tub! Thanks again!
Beautiful Log Cabin with Killer Views
This cabin has it all!! Amazing location with a wraparound porch that overlooks the Smoky Mountains. Rocking chairs and a porch swing are both perfect places to drink your morning tea/coffee. The hot tub is a great place to unwind after a long day of hiking. You won’t go wrong w booking this cabin.
Published Jun 27, 2021
Beautiful views and animal life from a diversity of birds with their squirrel friends feasting on the berries on the tree just off the porch to the bear that forlornly looked at us sitting on his porch before sadly going back into the forest to the almost invisible bob cat along the tree line that I slept through but my dear cousin had the joy of seeing.
The cabin exceeded our expectations and is beautiful and well maintained.
Kitchen is well stocked and equipped that made cooking that much easier.
Having a flat parking area was greatly appreciated.
Published Jun 14, 2021
Will rent again!
The cabin was easy to find and extremely clean! The owner quickly responded to questions and thought of everything from spare batteries to a local directory of things to do. Worth every penny!
Published Jun 22, 2021
Perfect Mountain Getaway
Gorgeous view, attentive host, wonderful time in this pleasant cabin. Would definitely stay here again.
Published Jun 11, 2021
Ease of entry. Great owner communication.
Published Jun 16, 2021
The cottage is just as described. Very clean and nicely stocked with necessities. The view from the porch is stunning! Beds are comfortable. Location is close to a variety of activities. I would definitely stay again. It was the perfect place to unwind and unplug for a few days.
5/25/2021 at 6:56 PM
We had such a wonderful and restorative time at South Porch! This was our first time out after a very difficult COVID year, and swinging on the porch with the beautiful view was just what we needed. The cabin had everything we needed, and is an easy drive to downtown Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. South Porch is a great place to stay!
5/21/2021 at 11:19 PM
This was a great experience! Property is very clean and well furnished. The view off the front porch is really great. Plenty of room in both bedrooms and the living room area. Would do it again but would probably stay a week instead of just 3 days.
Published May 17, 2021
Great Place To Relax and Hike
I can't say enough good things about this property or it's location. The listing is accurate. But we were still surprised at how nice and clean the cabin was. My husband was also impressed. You have views of the mountains from both bedrooms and from both sides of the porch. It felt very private. We could occasionally hear other people talking but couldn't really hear what they were saying. At night we saw some lights but didn't see in any windows. You can see other cabins but the way the cabins are situated allows for a lot of privacy. The cabin/house was very clean. The size was perfect for us. Nothing was run down. The hot tub wasn't brand new but worked great for us. It actually got a bit to warm for us and we had to turn it down. The kitchen had everything we needed. We stopped at a grocery store on the way in to pick up supplies. If you plan to cook don't forget to buy some cooking spray. We would make breakfast in the morning and relax with our coffee on the porch. I'd make lunches and we would head into the park to hike for the day. In the evenings we would get carry out and go back to the cabin. We loved having dinner in and not going out. After dinner we would sit in the hot tub. Which helped ease the muscles from all of the hiking. Kimberly herself was great. She regularly communicated with us up to our arrival and the day of arrival and departure. . She made sure that we knew we could contact her with any questions at any time during our stay. She was a great host. The keyless entry was fantastic and easy. Parking was great. We loved the binder with all of the local information. It really helped. The cabin is in the perfect location. Less than 6 minutes outside of downtown Gatlinburg. We had a great time and felt very relaxed. We'll definitely be back to this property.
Published May 5, 2021
Cabin and grounds very clean! The view of the mountains was top notch! Bed was comfortable, could use better pillows in the upstairs! This was a truly beautiful experience and would definitely book with Kimberly again! Thanks
Published Apr 19, 2021
Great cabin everything we needed was there!
Published Apr 17, 2021
Great stay in a great place!
Had a touch of trouble with the lock on the door. Kimberly was immediately responsive and corrected the issue. The cabin was very clean...and comfortable. The view from the porch...and the hot tub...was lovely. We would happily stay here again!
Published Apr 6, 2021
Perfect Mountain View
This is the perfect cabin with the perfect view. Clean, comfortable, and love everything about it. Will definitely be back. I could sit on the porch forever with the view of the mountains.
We only booked two nights in this cabin, but once arriving we where wishing for more! Very clean with high quality furnishings and ammenities. Great location. We'll be back!
Published Apr 6, 2021
We enjoyed our time at a Southern Porch!
The cabin was very clean and just perfect. We enjoyed the view and easy access. I walked the entire neighborhood and feel this is one of the best views. Very peaceful. Great attention to detail. Thanks so much.
Published Mar 21, 2021
Perfect Cabin and Location
Perfect cabin and location for our day hiking basecamp. If you are into hiking, we highly recommend two hidden hiking gems: the Jumpoff View Trail in Newfound Gap and 91 ft tall Hen Wallow Falls Trail in Cosby. A great popular hike is the Alum Cave Trail, but expect lots of people on the trail. Our son especially enjoyed the hot tub and easy access to downtown Gatlinburg after our long day hikes.
Published Mar 17, 2021
Great cabin and view!!
03/07/2021 at 11:44 PM
Perfect in every way.
Published Feb 22, 2021
Amazing property - beautiful views, cozy cabin, tastefully decorated, attention to detail! Prefect place to escape the daily chaos and unwind. Kim is fantastic to work with. Super easy process. We can’t wait to come back!! Highly recommend a Southern Porch!
You cannot beat the view of the mountain from the front porch. Owner is very responsive. Cabin is stocked with everything you need for a long weekend. Clean & well represented in photos.
Published Jan 19, 2021
My husband and I stayed 4 nights in this incredible cozy cabin. From the decor, to the cleanliness, to the amazing customer service, it was an all around perfect stay. Kimberly was always available for any questions and gave us great recommendations. The views from the cabin were incredible and we enjoyed a lot of our time on the southern porch. Thank you for sharing your cabin with us Kimberly!
We hope to be back soon!
12/31/2020 at 5:45 PM
What an amazing Christmas we experienced. We stayed at A Southern Porch for Christmas and it was full of moments that we will treasure forever. The cabin is so clean and well kept. The owners were always available and a phone call away if needed. They really put in every effort to make sure you enjoy your stay at A Southern Porch. The Kitchen is just perfect we got to create a full family meal for Christmas Eve and even had the ability to make amazing cookies for Santa. We were able to keep all our traditions for Christmas morning Breakfast. The kitchen is fully equipped. Just bring your food and necessities. The description provided by the owners is on point. The Keurig machine was perfect. If you enjoy morning coffee while sitting on the porch looking out the mountain bring those K-Cups. Bathrooms were super clean and spacious. The Bathrooms are easily accessible and one on each floor of the house. Washer and dryers were very useful and available to stay clean and fresh. The bedrooms were super clean and spacious. All the beddings were fresh and nicely kept. The cabin has 2 KING size beds one in each bedroom. Beds are very comfortable! The fireplace is absolutely perfect. It is gas controlled with a timer and very easy to use. The cabin also has a heater that heats the cabin quickly and keeps you warm throughout the night. The view!!! difficult to put into words of how beautiful. You need to go and see the Mountain views to capture the breath taking views. Arriving to the cabin is easy, the cabin is located at a perfect level and easily accessible it is not a difficult drive and does not require any major incline drives. (recommend chains in case of snow and for safety). The cabin is located right by Gatlinburg and minutes away from the main area. Everything is easily accessible. If you want to have a lifetime of memories this is the cabin to book. To Kim and Mike thank you for sharing your home with us.
Beautiful, Rustic, Clean
Property was beautiful and clean. It had everything we needed. Love to stay there again.
Published Dec 8, 2020
The property was beautiful. Would definitely stay there again. Loved the porch swing, fireplace and view!
Published Nov 23, 2020
We would like to thank Kimberly for sharing her beautiful cabin! It is a perfectly cozy cabin with amazing views! We spent many relaxing evenings on the "southern porch"! We will be back!
Published Oct 26, 2020
We had an awesome time, the cabin could not have been better. We have stayed in many cabins over the years and this cabin is above and beyond our expectations. Thank You!!
10/12/2020 at 8:31 PM
From ease of entry and having everything we could need it was a perfect stay. Wonderful cabin and great way to celebrate our anniversary.
Published Sep 20, 2020
Beautiful cabin with amazing views!
Loved the cabin & the owners were very responsive. The cabin was clean & updated. The area was great. Amenities at the cabin were top notch. And the views on the wrap around porch - amazing! Loved swinging on it in the afternoon my girls :) Very relaxing & enjoyable trip. Would stay again & recommend to friends! Thanks so much for everything!
Published Sep 28, 2020
Great location and view!
Well maintained and decorated. Two masters make it ideal for two couples. porch was fantastic. Although dId not use hot tub, great feature with perfect view of mountains. We will be back.
Published Oct 2, 2020
Lovely place to stay!
We were so happy with our stay. It was very clean and had all the accommodations needed! The view was gorgeous! We loved drinking our morning coffee on the porch.
08/31/2020 at 12:24 AM
Beautiful home in the mountains
Great home and location. Loved the view. The home owners were the best with communication. Will definitely be visiting here again.
Published Aug 17, 2020
The location, the property, and the view...all perfect! Check-in was supposed to be at 4, but Kim let us know we could check in early at 3. The area is very nice and most of the cabins are up steep drives, but this one allows for a flat parking area which was so nice. The inside was immaculate and well suited for our family. While Gatlinburg was crazy busy, we never felt it at the cabin, so serene, and close to many park entrances. Thanks for a beautiful stay! Will stay here again for sure if we ever get back to The Smokies!
A Southern Porch is the most darling place in the Great Smoky Mountains. The first thing you notice outside is the amazing view and then you walk inside to your farmhouse fantasy. Our family really enjoyed the fact that that place was nice and cozy but there was enough space to be alone if needed. The kitchen is fully stocked which made it easy to prepare meals instead of going out. Our favorite thing was the hot tub though. After a long day of walking or hiking, it really hit the spot. We will definitely return in the future because the cabin is very clean, quiet, and centrally located!
Published Aug 12, 2020
Beautiful property, amazing view, every amenity you can imagine, saw a bear on the first night we were there, definitely will stay there again.
Published Jul 28, 2020
This is the one!!!
Absolutely beautiful. This cabin was more than we could have wished for and Kim was super easy to talk to. We can’t wait to come back!!!
Published Jul 24, 2020
Our stay was wonderful! Pros..The cabin was clean, ease of booking, location to shopping & things to do. Scenery was excellent. No Cons except Gatlinburg traffic..but there's no much one can do about that! We managed! Would definitely stay there again & would recommend strongly to others!
Published Jul 17, 2020
The Southern Porch was a dream for our family’s first trip to the Smoky Mountains. The cabin was immaculately clean with extra sanitizing supplies available. The beds and couches were comfortable. The kitchen had everything you could need. Our favorite part was the view! We loved the swing and rocking chairs on the porch. Kim was awesome and touched base with us several times throughout our stay. She was prompt in answering any questions we had. Highly recommend!
Our family of four had a great stay in this comfortable and cozy cabin. It is located in a quiet community close to everything. The view from the porch is amazing! Kim was a wonderful host and communicated with me several different times to make sure we had everything we needed. The cabin is well maintained and was spotless. We will be back for sure!
Published Jul 7, 2020
From booking to check in, all the way to check out this Southern Porch Cabin was a delight. The owner, Kim, is such a fantastic person to work with and made sure everything was perfect for us! She checked in a couple days into our stay and made sure we were doing okay and to see if we needed anything else. The cabin itself is beautiful — clean, tidy, well appointed and supplied with everything one could need including a Mountain View that rivals the ones in Cades Cove. Each day we awoke to birds singing in a bright chorus, watching robins hop and play, and even a couple rabbits! In the evenings we were delighted by fireflies glittering among the trees. Thanks for sharing your amazing cabin with us Kim!
Great location and property. I will definitely put this one on my list to revisit.
Had such a fun time at Kim’s cabin this weekend. It was stocked with everything we needed (essential toiletries, pots/pans, clean towels, and even games and movies). We enjoyed the amazing mountain views during breakfast and dinner, and the hot tub at night. The drive to Great Smoky National Park is fairly quick (about 30ish min) and there is even a grocery store nearby. We didn’t realize that the cabin was in a cabin community, but it was still fairly quiet. Kim was super easy to communicate with and check-in was a breeze.
We had such a great trip. It was an amazing couples weekend and we enjoyed downtown and then coming back and relaxing in the hot tub. The beds were super comfy and everyone had enough space to kickback and relax!!
Great cabin with amazing views. Kim was very accommodating and communicated very well.
Wonderful!!! It was a great way to slow down and enjoy the views and each other. The cabin was perfect! Thank you. 03/25/2020 at 1:32 PM
My family and I enjoyed the cabin a lot. Everything was clean and even better then the listing. The Mountain View’s were awesome. Truly relaxing. Thank you.
03/20/2020 at 12:53 PM
This property was absolutely perfect! It was just as described. It was immaculate when we arrived. Great place for our family of 4. Kim was great to work with!
03/14/2020 at 4:15 PM
Mrs. Kim was fantastic from start to finish to work with! I recommend this property and will definitely rent this cabin going forth.
03/11/2020 at 3:35 PM
The property was as advertised. Easy check in/out process. The property was exceptionally clean and the property owner’s provided all the information needed to make sure it was a great stay
03/02/2020 at 3:57 AM
There are very few vacation properties that actually far exceed their claims. “A Southern Porch” is one of the most pleasurable Gatlinburg experiences I have ever had in my 62 years of calling this “my second dream home”. (Heaven being the first). The cabin is located in a safe, secure community with amazing streets and eye appeal. When you pull up to “A Southern Porch”, you are greeted by great parking and rockers on a porch with a view that borders on museum art. The cabin itself is carefully thought out and attention is paid to every scenario to make your experience enjoyable. The property is immaculate. It is meticulously maintained and “that ain’t no exaggeration”. My wife and I are pastors and look for places to just chill and get away from the pressures of ministry. We will be back for certain...if we can get reservations once this jewel of the Smokies becomes a “cat out the bag”. Thank you so much to the Loughrey’s for sharing their mountain home with us.
02/28/2020 at 5:24 PM
Great cabin.Enjoyed it very much!!! Will return!!
03/06/2020 at 7:42 PM
Perfect cabin for a mother/daughter get away. Kim could not have been nicer! We can’t wait to go back.
02/22/2020 at 4:54 AM
Very relaxing and simple to rent. Kimberly was easy to deal with and check in was great. She even had Wine and chocolates waiting on us for Valentines.
02/17/2020 at 4:09 PM
Anniversary weekend getaway
We had a great weekend at A Southern Porch. We really liked the new furnishings especially the very comfortable couch and loveseat. We have stayed at this property a few times under previous owners but were never as pleased as we were with current owners. The personal contact with real people makes all the difference in the world.
02/10/2020 at 2:18 AM
Easy and professional with a human touch!
Rental couldn’t have been easier. I’ve used VRBO several times and contact with these owners was exceptional.
02/03/2020 at 8:42 AM
Best getaway ever
We enjoyed our stay.
01/27/2020 at 4:19 AM
We had a perfect weekend getaway to the southern porch cabin. It was exactly as described. Clean, convenient and cozy! We even had some snow Monday. The view was so pretty. The kitchen and bathrooms are extremely well stocked. We had everything we needed and more. I love the community. The day it snowed the maintenance people were out checking the driveways and roads. After the snow was done falling, they blew off our car and sidewalk so we could go downtown. Gatlinburg is just a few mins down the road. So we loved this location! We will be back. Thank you for everything.
01/21/2020 at 10:22 PM
Beautiful Cabin, wonderful vacation
Flawless experience from beginning to end
12/26/2019 at 5:53 AM
Wonderful cabin in the Smokies
This cabin was great for two couples and Black Bear Falls is a favorite location. We stay in Gatlinburg cabins at least once a year, and this is the most well-stocked kitchen I’ve ever seen, which made it so easy to cook. We had a great time!
12/16/2019 at 3:49 AM
Wonderful stay. Great views. Accessible to everything. Cabin was spacious and clean. Our family had a great time!
12/12/2019 at 7:24 PM
12/06/2019 at 1:50 AM
Thanksgiving Friends Getaway
The Southern Porch Cabin was a cozy comfortable retreat! The cabin was decorated for Christmas making it very warm and inviting. Plenty of room for the 4 of us! Loved the hot tub, fireplace and the sunsets. Look just like the pictures. Would recommend the Southern Porch Cabin!
12/11/2019 at 6:31 AM
I highly recommend this property! Perfect location and so comfy and cozy! :)
11/30/2019 at 5:18 PM
Does not disappoint
We absolutely LOVED our stay at The Southern Porch. The cabin was very clean and better than pictured! I always struggle when booking and it takes me days to make a decision but I can definitely tell you that this cabin is a “no brainer”. Kim communicated quickly any time I had a question. She even texted us prior to check in to let us know that the cabin was ready before the expected time. The kitchen is stocked for anything you might need. We would recommend The Southern Porch to anyone! We hope to be back again in the future.
11/29/2019 at 11:46 PM
This cabin is wonderful! Everything you could hope for!
11/17/2019 at 8:26 PM
It was my first trip to Gatlinburg. We had a beautiful view from our cabin, and the first night it snowed. Breath taking views!!!
11/26/2019 at 8:06 AM
A Wonderful weekend in an AMAZING cabin
If you are looking for a place to kickback and relax this is the cabin for you. The view is out of this world. The cabin is beautifully decorated and has everything you need for a relaxing stay. I will recommend this cabin to ALL my family and friends ðŸ’–ï¿½
11/12/2019 at 6:33 PM
Great get away!
Beautiful! Great views of the mountains! Cabin was perfect! Plenty of room and everything we needed was there.
10/29/2019 at 6:38 PM
Two thumbs up!
Beautiful cozy cabin with a great view of the mountains! All needs inside the cabin were met, and the location was close to Gatlinburg yet far enough away to enjoy the beauty. We definitely want to come back!
10/26/2019 at 5:29 PM
Beautiful property! Our trip was so relaxing and exactly what we needed. Thank you for sharing your property with us.
10/20/2019 at 2:52 PM
Property was very nice. Had everything in it we could possibly need. Enjoyed our stay
10/15/2019 at 2:29 PM
K&J Fall Getaway
The cabin is very clean, comfortable and well equipped. The location was ideal, close to the park and Gatlinburg, but far enough away from the crowds and traffic. We enjoyed sitting on the wrap around porch and seeing the mountain views. We will definitely be back for another visit.
10/22/2019 at 12:44 PM
We had a beautiful stay at the cabin! It was very clean and everything we needed was provided. The cabin has such a cozy feeling, it was so nice to come back after a long day of exploring Tennessee to relax in the hot tub. The view is breathtaking, we woke up everyday to have our coffee on the porch and watch the sun rise. We can’t wait to come back!
09/29/2019 at 10:31 PM
Amazing views and a great location! We would definitely stay here again!
09/24/2019 at 11:12 PM
A Comfortable Southern Porch
We enjoyed our stay and found the cabin clean, comfortable, and conveniently located. The entire property was well appointed and well maintained. Upon our arrival we discovered a glitch with the cable and several major networks. Needless-to-say, we were quite concerned that we would not be able to enjoy pulling for our Clemson Tigers against Syracuse. The owners, however, were quick to respond and even followed up several several times to make sure the problem was solved. We could not have asked for more. We thoroughly enjoyed our long weekend, complete with shopping, hiking, and some delicious steaks on the grill. We would definitely rent again.
09/16/2019 at 8:56 PM
If You're looking for the cleanest of places, here ya go!!
Great all the way aroundâ˜ºâ˜ºâ˜ºâ˜ºâ˜º Highly recommend!
09/07/2019 at 4:00 PM
Very nice and clean house !!!
Everything was great. Had awesome time. Property owner made sure everything was ready for us and we were really happy
08/26/2019 at 10:53 PM
Beautiful mountain escape
I really enjoyed my stay at A Southern Porch. The space was very clean, light filled and beautifully decorated. The cabin has incredible, clear Mountain View, which can be enjoyed from the rocking chairs or hot tub on the porch, or from the couches in the living room (which were super comfortable). The open concept of the first floor and the large porch made it easy for our group to hang out together. The kitchen was fully stocked with all of the all of kitchen equipment that we needed to prepare meals. The owners really thought of it all to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. The location of the cabin was very convenient, as it was only a short drive to beautiful hikes and sights in the national park, and all that Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg have to offer. The cabin was easy to find with google maps and easily accessible with my 2 wheel drive vehicle. The owners were incredibly responsive and check in was a breeze. I’m looking forward to returning on my next trip to Tennessee! I would highly recommend staying at A Southern Porch.
08/13/2019 at 11:19 PM
A beautiful, clean, well appointed home and wonderful hosts at A Southern Porch!
We stayed at A Southern Porch in Black Bear Falls for a week. It’s the perfect place for a family - very safe for kids of all ages. The community is well-maintained and the community pool was nice to have for the kids. The location is FANTASTIC! It’s less than 10 minutes from downtown Gatlinburg and several entrances to Smoky Mountain National Park. It’s far enough away that it’s also peaceful and quiet in the evenings. There’s a great ice cream place nearby, a grocery store, good restaurants, the arts and crafts loop, and a few pizza places that deliver to the community. We’ve stayed in the area several times and this was our favorite location! The home was immaculate when we arrived - and so was the porch area. Everything was beyond clean - the hot tub, the dishes and utensils, towels, bedding, and the entire home itself. They drain and clean the hot tub after each visit, and you could definitely tell. The beds and pillows were VERY comfortable, which was a welcome surprise. There is a nice view of the mountains from the porch to enjoy from the rocking chairs with your morning coffee or when playing games or having dinner at the picnic table on the porch. You can see the view from the living room as well, which is awesome. We had everything we needed to start our vacation right away and didn’t need to run to the store for anything other than food. The home is well appointed with more than enough (and great quality) bath towels, hot tub towels, dish towels, washcloths, pillows, blankets, cookware, dishes and glassware that match and are in excellent condition, utensils, and a selection of new spices that we could use. There was even fresh ice in the ice maker! They also gave us a few rolls of toilet paper, paper towels, dishwasher soap, dish soap, laundry detergent, and a couple of trash bags. We didn’t have any problems, but Kim called when we arrived to let us know that she was available if we needed anything, and she checked in once to ensure we had everything we needed. The customer service she delivered was stellar from start to finish - always very responsive, kind, and helpful - and we felt very comfortable communicating with her. You can tell that they care about customer service, quality experiences, and making sure that everything is clean and comfortable for their guests. I would HIGHLY recommend A Southern Porch and the Black Bear Falls community! We will definitely return!
08/11/2019 at 12:09 AM
Southern Porch happiness!
The Southern Porch is a wonderful home to spend a relaxing vacation in the Gatlinburg area. It is well located and has a great view of the mountains and surrounding greenery. The drive to the house is easy and the streets are all spacious and easy to drive. The house is very clean and well stocked will everything we needed. All the furnishings seem to be new. The community pool area looked very nice although we did not use it. We loved our stay and think it is an exceptional place! Kim, the property manager, is very nice and helpful. Hope that we can visit The Southern Porch again soon!
08/04/2019 at 11:07 PM