Red Hawk Retreat is a 3 story cabin created with couples, friends, and families in mind. Our 5 bedroom cabin accommodates groups of 1 – 16 guests and provides the perfect mix of mountain top living with easy access to the fun of the local attractions when you are in the mood. Red Hawk Retreat cabin is only 3.9 miles from Downtown Gatlinburg and 7 miles from Pigeon Forge. Additionally, City Hall is a 5-6 minute drive from our cabin and offers guests free parking with an on-site trolley stop that takes guests conveniently into Downtown Gatlinburg.
TV’s are in all King bedrooms, the media room, and the living room and are smart TV’s with access to your personal Netflix, Prime, Disney+ or streaming app of choice.
The main level of Red Hawk Retreat features an open concept living room, dining room, and kitchen. A half bath and 2 King Bedroom ensuites (affectionately referred to as Black Bear’s Den and Frosty Morning) are also on the main level to the left of the great room. Each has an attached private bathroom that hosts a shower with a seat.
King Bedroom 1 "Frosty Morning" (located on the main level): This room will provide you with the same mountain view as our living room from your bed and has access to the back porch from which you can enjoy your morning coffee or evening beverage of choice in one of our rocking chairs.
King Bedroom 2 "Black Bear’s Den" (located on the main level): This bedroom faces the sunset and will surround you with the quintessential black bear theme. It also happens to be the most likely bedroom a guest will see some of the local black bears outside their window!
Also on the main level is a screened-in dining room and expansive deck with plenty of seating from which to enjoy the outdoor scenery.
The kitchen is equipped with two Stainless steel refrigerators, double dishwashers, a microwave, 5 burner cooktop and oven, and granite counters throughout. The kitchen is stocked with everything you would expect in a normal kitchen plus a blender, toaster, slow cooker, various size pots & pans, wine glasses, a Keurig, and a regular coffee pot.
A charcoal grill is located just off the fire pit, waiting to be fired up to prepare your steaks, burgers, fish, pork, and chicken. Charcoal is not readily available on-site, but can easily be purchased at the local area stores.
Upstairs you will immediately find the on-site laundry machine to the left and a game loft to the right. 2 interactive games are on the wall, 2 handmade Ski-themed Adirondack chairs and a ski-lift-themed bench have been custom made from skis and snowboards for your playful relaxation, and a foosball table and cocktail arcade game are located here to bring out your inner child.
Bunk Room "Backcountry Escape" (located on the upper level): The left side of the upper level hosts the bunkroom we call the Backcountry Escape. This room hosts one of the best views from the house and has 2 full-over full-sized bunks that sleep up to 8 with an attached ensuite bathroom. An additional ski-themed Adirondack chair sits facing the beautiful Mountain Views.
King Bedroom 3 "The Hayloft" (located on the upper level): The right side of this upper level hosts the 3rd king ensuite we affectionately call the Hayloft. The Hayloft hosts one of the best views from the house as well and exudes the pastural parts of East Tennessee. This bedroom has a private bathroom with a tub/shower combo.
The Lower Level is where the good times roll. Or splash. The entire left side of the basement hosts an indoor private saltwater pool room with a raised spa and rock water feature inspired by the many beautiful rocky waters nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains. (The pool room is secured with a key code that you will receive prior to your arrival for child safety precautions.) Immediately outside the pool area is a lower covered patio with an outdoor hot tub and fun hammock-style swings to lounge on.
Just off the patio is a concrete area with seating around an outdoor wood-burning fire pit to use at your own risk. Roast s’mores, sing songs, tell stories, or reflect on the day’s activities while watching the sun go down or under the stars. Note* - Guests must stay updated on any local fire restrictions or fire bans that may ensue during the time of their stay, which can be easily checked at https://www.tn.gov/tnwildlandfire/prevention/safe-debris-burning/burn-bans.html . Guests must also provide their own firewood, which can easily be found at all area grocery stores and the Dollar General.
King Bedroom 4 "Hiker's Hideaway" (located on the upper level): Also located on this lower level is a 4th King bedroom, affectionately called the Hiker’s Hideaway. There is a full bathroom with a shower near The Hiker’s Hideaway and a media room where groups can gather to watch movies or play board games.
3 minutes down the road, our guests have access to the Association Chalet Village North Clubhouse that features a huge outdoor swimming pool, banquet rooms, as well as tennis courts. During the winter, our location on Ski Mountain makes access to the ski slopes of Ober Gatlinburg an easy 3.4-mile drive.
We just want you to be aware that from this cabin, you may see evidence of trees and properties that were affected by the fires and possibly hear construction noise from other cabins being built in the vicinity. We also want guests to be aware of and take precautions as black bears frequent the community and cabin site. (More Bear Safety Info at https://www.gatlinburg.com/bear-facts/.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: (if your question is not answered here, please feel free to contact us)
1. What Linens are included? – We provide linens for beds, bath towels, pool towels, 2 Kitchen towels, and washcloths.
2. What household supplies are provided? – We get you started with 2 rolls of toilet paper, 2 soaps, 1 shampoo, and 1 makeup wipe per bathroom. For the kitchen, we supply 1 roll of paper towels, 1 small bottle of dish liquid, 4 dish pods, and 1 sponge. We also supply 4 laundry pods and 4 dryer sheets.
3. What does the kitchen include? – The kitchen is equipped with two Stainless steel refrigerators, double dishwashers, a microwave, stove, and granite counters throughout. The kitchen is stocked with everything you would expect in a normal kitchen plus a blender, toaster, slow cooker, various size pots & pans, wine glasses, one Keurig, and one regular coffee pot.
4. Do you provide any baby items? – We have a highchair in the dining area and a pack-n-play travel crib located in the bunk room closet. Additionally, BGSM (https://www.babygearsmokymountains.com/?fbclid=IwAR0kGZRTNsoA6-iWJg3z21jO6mikJFD1rhZkPlxrl-e7IcsFs2hEqtz4H74) is a service that conveniently provides baby items.
5. Do you provide a grill? – Yes; it is charcoal. Charcoal is not included with your stay, but can easily be purchased at the local area stores.
6. Do you provide firewood? – Guest must also provide their own firewood, which can easily be found at all area grocery stores and the Dollar General.
7. Do you allow pets? – No. We take allergies to pets very seriously out of consideration for all guests. If any pets are brought to this property, a $500 cleaning fee will be assessed, and guests may be asked to leave. Please respect our property.
8. Is the hot tub cleaned after every stay? – Yes! Our hot tub is drained, cleaned, and refilled for every stay.
9. Is there a community clubhouse and pool area? – Yes, in Chalet Village, we have 3 community pools and clubhouses. The pools are open from Memorial Day Weekend in May through Labor Day Weekend in September. Check https://www.chaletvillage.com/the-chalet-village-clubhouses/ for open days and times.
10. Is the price flexible? – To continue offering fair seasonal accommodation rates to all guests, we do NOT offer discounts, nor do we eliminate or reduce any of the fees.
11. When is the second payment due? – 30 days prior to your stay.
12. When will I get the address and cabin access info? - Address, door code, and driving directions will be sent in a separate email after your final payment is made and 72hrs hours prior to your arrival at Red Hawk Retreat.
13. What time is check-in and check-out? – You may check in any time after 4 pm, and you must checkout prior to 11 am on the day of your departure.
14. Do you provide travel insurance? - No, we do not personally offer it; however, we highly encourage guests to purchase travel insurance if cancellation is a concern.
15. How is the drive up to the cabin? – From the parkway, it is a 6 minute (1.5 miles) drive up the mountain. The roads are well maintained and paved. However, there are some steeper parts that are "scary" for some people.
16. Do I need a 4-wheel drive vehicle? – If snow or ice conditions are present, snow chains are needed for roads in the area. The roads can seem a little steep to some guests, but the parking areas are flat. Guests should not have any issues navigating the drive to Red Hawk Retreat, but we want you to know what to expect.
17. Is this cabin secluded? – No. Red Hawk Retreat is situated at the top of a ridge overlooking the mountains in one of the most desirable cabin communities.
18. Was this area affected by the 2016 wildfires? – Yes. You may see evidence of trees and properties that were affected by the wildfires. Much of the cleanup has been done, and a lot of greenery has come back.
19. Will I hear construction noise? – It is possible that you will hear construction noise. Just as we rebuilt our cabin, others are doing the same.
20. Do you ever reduce the stated prices – On occasion, if upcoming unsold dates remain, we may reduce prices for those unsold dates. That will already be reflected in the pricing that you see listed.
21. Are there any days where Check-in or Check-out is not permitted? - The only 2 days that we do not allow check-in or check-out is Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day.
*Please note that you will receive a separate message requesting an $800 security deposit hold (won't be held until two days before arrival), a copy of your photo id, and a signed rental agreement to complete your reservation. These items must be provided within 24 hours, or the system will cancel the booking. To streamline the process, please ensure the person who provided the security deposit, photo id, and signs the rental agreement is the same person who books the property through VRBO*
About the Owner
We are overjoyed to share our love of nature and rustic charm with you at Red Hawk Retreat. We wanted a place for family to gather and make memories together - which are far more valuable to us than tangible gifts. We hope you enjoy the local southern hospitality, wake up to the stellar sunrise over the mountains, watch a storm roll in while sitting in a rocking chair on the covered porch, and sit by the fire as the day draws to a close.
|Heating and Cooling Comfort|
|Kitchen and Dining|
|Indoor Living Space|
Bryan and Britany were great hosts with a Beautiful home . Perfect location less the 15 minutes from Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge Plenty of bears to see .
This cabin does not disappoint. The views were incredible & the house has everything you could possibly need. The kids really enjoyed the pool room. The movie room was also a big hit at night. We also go to see quite a few bears.